Woo hoo! I finally got to use the new snow blower this morning! We got about 4-5 inches of snow overnight, which turned to rain early in the morning so it was 3-4 inches of heavy wet snow this morning when I got up. I fired up the beast, and it was able to throw the wet heavy snow in the driveway OVER Audrey’s car! It cut through the 12-15 inches of snow plow slush at the end of the driveway like a warm knife through butter. Oh, the joy! I had dropped the skids so the scrape blade cleared the pavement on the driveway and sidewalks with ease, then raised the skids to a 3/8ths inch height to clear the path across the lawn from the driveway to the front door, and then around the back to clear the dog’s area out in the back yard (arthritis makes it painful for him to climb over and through the snow to relieve himself). At one point while clearing the driveway, it was throwing snow OVER the dogwood tree in the side yard! At another point while clearing the public sidewalk along the side of the house, the thrown snow was coming close to hitting the house! Wow!
After the job was all done, I drained the oil and replaced it with new (recommended maintenance on a new machine is to do the first oil change after 2 hours of use), and that was a joy to do as well, as the oil drain is a pipe that sticks out the back of the chassis; pop the cap off that with a box wrench, and tip it back to drain into an oil-pan draining bottle. Took about 45 seconds total!